Hey guys! So, a lot of you have been asking me about different things that you could do for a great workout if you don’t have the disposable dinero for a gym membership. Here are some fantastic resources that you can utilize if you live in/around the Baltimore/DC, Philly or NYC area! 🙂
- November Project – This is an amazing grassroots fitness movement that happens in most major cities! Baltimore, DC, Philly, NYC, Boston, San Diego, and several more cities have a November Project chapter! The tribe, their term of endearment which I love, meets once a week, usually around the crack of dawn, for a free workout outside! I recently had the pleasure of doing NP Baltimore’s 4 mile fun run, and I had a BLAST. Amazing vibe. Amazing people. Check them out! NP Baltimore meets every Wednesday at 6:30am at Rash Field at the Inner Harbor. Once school lets out for the summer, that’s where you’ll find me on Wednesday mornings! #verbal 😉
- Baltimore’s Inner Harbor Waterfront Wellness Series 2014 – every Saturday and Sunday morning until August 17 you can take free classes at West Shore Park at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor! Saturday’s schedule is bootcamp at 8am and Zumba at 9am; Sunday is yoga at 8am and parkour at 9am. Register here for the whole summer and drop in whenever you have a free weekend morning! I took a class last weekend, and the organizer of the wellness series is a lovely person!
- Charm City Run’s Free Thursday Group Runs – CCR welcomes all paces at their Thursday evening fun runs that leave from McHenry Row at 6:15pm. They often do information sessions before or after the runs too! I recently attended a fun run with the Annapolis CCR and got some great tips on hydration and nutrition!
- Free Zumba in Patterson Park – Free Zumba near the Pagoda on Thursdays at 6pm. Free classes run from June 5-26. All levels are welcome, and you can bring the kids (as long as an adult is there with them)!
- 16 Washington D.C. Area FREE Fitness Events for the Month of June! – yoga, pilates, boot camps, barre, Les Milles Grit, running events and so much more! Definitely check this site out if you live near DC for some awesome free events all month long!
- Lululemon – Check out their website for their free yoga series that they put on in most cities! Here’s the link for Philly. Here’s the link for Baltimore. Here’s the link for just one of their stores in NYC.
- Breakaway Bikes Free Saturday Rides – If you’re a Philly friend, check out Breakaway Bikes for a free ride Saturdays leaving at 8:30; they’ll even provide the wheels!
- Meetup – Whereever you live, check out Meetup and find a free fitness group that you want to try out! There are free groups for running, hiking, yoga and tons more – just look up what strikes your fancy.
- State and National Parks – check out your nearby State or National Park for a free.99 place to run, walk, hike or bike!
10. Hit me up for a workout date! I’m always down for a run, hike, walk or on-the-fly boot camp! And SOON (hint, hint), I’ll have the legit knowledge to drop on you for a REAL/certified boot camp. 😉
Whatever it is that you are – or think you might be – interested in doing, check out some of these free events, and get moving! 🙂